Polygroup - Warranty on manufacturer defects for vinyl pool is misleading

I just filled my newly purchased above ground pool and the seam is defective, slowly leaking water.I put a patch on to keep my yard from becoming a big muddy mess and it is not going to hold because the seam is not a smooth surface and it is hard to get good smooth adhesion.

In spite of pictures, pictures that include the name and model # as well as the defective seam (located just to the left of the model #, this company won't warranty the DEFECTIVE liner unless I CUT OUT THE MODEL NUMBER and hold it up next to the defective seam, take a picture, and send it to them (this will flood my yard with 1,000 gallons of chlorine treated water. They product info states they warranty their products for manufacturer defects for 90 days, but they don't state this step I mention above in their warranty information. I wouldn't have purchased a vinyl pool had I know this would be a big mess to deal with. The proof of the defect is indisputable: I just received the product on 6/9 late afternoon, I began installing it up on 6/10 all by myself so it took me a good day to set it up and I started filling it with water that evening.

On 6/11 I saw the slow leak and I immediately contacted their distributor. A seam leak is so obvious it is a defect and not a tear caused by the consumer's misuse. Don't buy a POLYGROUP pool without first knowing in detail what their warrant covers and what hoops you have to jump through to get what you paid for and not a piece of junk made in China.

Obviously there are no quality controls in place.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 21, 2014 #859742

We had the EXACT same problem. We had it for less than 48 hrs when we noticed the leak. Same problem in the seam. Same response from customer service. Terrible, terrible quality!!! Would never buy again!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.